Chartered College of Teaching and Department for Education – Preparing for your First Teaching Job: Interviews
The Department for Education, in collaboration with Chartered College of Teaching (CCT), is running a series of webinars to help trainee teachers prepare for and find their first teaching role.
In this webinar, hosted by Department for Education’s Teaching Vacancies service in collaboration with Chartered College of Teaching (CCT), we will explore how trainee teachers can smash their first teaching job interviews. This is the third in a series of three webinar events, all dedicated to helping trainee teachers find their first permanent teaching job.
A panel discussion will explore ways to succeed when searching and applying for jobs.. Members of the panel include a wide range of experts on teaching jobs including representatives from CCT, Teaching Vacancies, and Multi-Academy Trusts.
They will share their top hints and tips on searching and applying and share what they look for in new candidates!
Some other topics for discussion will include application forms and common mistakes, what kinds of training and experience schools are looking for, and who to include as references.
Make sure not to miss out on this exciting and insightful webinar, designed to ensure that trainee teachers are confident and well informed when searching and applying for their first permanent teaching role!
Find out more about the Chartered College of Teaching:
- Early Career Hub – The Early Career Hub is our one-stop shop for trainee teachers, early career teachers, and those involved in supporting, coaching and mentoring those new to the profession.
- The Chartered College of Teaching & Teacher Tapp Podcast – A collaboration between Teacher Tapp and the Chartered College of Teaching in which we look at hot off the press data on various topics concerning teaching, learning, and teacher development and ask teachers to comment on the findings by reflecting on their own experiences.
- Early Childhood Hub – The Early Childhood Hub hosts content by, and for, early childhood education practitioners, with a focus on pedagogy and practice in early childhood education.
- Research Hub – The Research Hub hosts summaries of academic and practitioner research as well as reports that Chartered College of Teaching members have contributed to. You can also find a list of opportunities to participate in external research projects and access a range of tools to support you in your research engagement journey.
- Video Hub – The Video Hub hosts short classroom practice videos, filmed in a variety of settings, and recorded interviews with a range of teachers, leaders and educators. Members will also find, and be able to access, ‘on demand’ recordings of our previous webcasts and events.
- Impact is the termly journal of the Chartered College of Teaching. It connects research findings to classroom practice, with a focus on the interests and voices of teachers and educators. It supports the teaching community by promoting discussion around evidence within the classroom, and enabling teachers to share and reflect on their own use of research.
- Learning Hub – The Learning Hub is your home for professional learning and development. You will find links to bitesize CPD units and details of other available courses.
- Chartered Teacher Status is a professional accreditation that recognises the knowledge, skills and behaviours of highly accomplished teachers and school leaders, offering a career pathway that is focused on developing and recognising high-quality teaching and leadership practice. As a professional accreditation, Chartered Status builds on individual practice, priorities and interests and can be undertaken at your own pace, up to three years.