This website is the member website for the Chartered College of Teaching and we have made every effort to ensure that it is accessible and can be used by everyone, whatever their needs. We have done this partly through the use of the Accessibility Menu from Userway. This toolbar lets you:
- change contrast levels, font size and change to a high contrast colour scheme
- Change font styles to make reading it easier for dyslexic visitors
- Highlight links and change line height and the alignment of text
You are also able to:
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using a screenreader (the most recent versions of JAWS and other screen reading software)
We are working hard to make all our video content accessible by adding closed captions and transcripts and all video content produced for this website
Since January 2022 all video content has transcripts and closed captions and we are working our way through our older videos and adding transcripts and closed captions. If you need closed captions or a transcript of a video and it doesn’t have one, please contact us on email@example.com and we will aim to provide you with these in 14 working days.
We are aware of some issues which may adversely affect users and these are detailed below:
- The main Navigation, The search bar and the search filters do not gain focus when only using a keyboard to navigate
- The commenting functionality is not accessible for keyboard only users
Reporting accessibility problems with this website.
While we strive to make this website as accessible and friendly as possible we are aware that some issues may arise to compromise your experience of this site. If you find any problems please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the issues you faced.